Square Enix has recently announced their new game, Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PlayStation4 and Xbox One, which will be launched with Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition for Steam, Origin and Windows 10 on March 6 this year for the price of $49.99.
Don’t be confused with two different launches, both the Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition and Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition feature the base game and the same somewhere about over 20 add-on content, along with this there are new features including an expansion of the map of Insomnia meaning a larger area to explore by the players, which will include new foes to fight with new side quests, and also along with all this, the editions will contain a first-person camera mode. Although Square Enix didn’t mention whether this new option applies to the included season pass content.
Square Enix revealed the game’s features and they are given below.
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The Final Fantasy XV base game
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition along with all this will also feature a package newly designed by Yoshitaka Amano. For people who already own a Final Fantasy XV Pack, don’t worry, a Final Fantasy XV Royal Pack which will include the all new downloadable content and add-ons of Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition, will become available also on March 6 for the price of $19.99.
The recommended tools or instructions in order to help players prep their PC requirements and optimize them for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will be available on the 1st of February. The Windows Edition requires native 4K and 8k resolutions along with HDR10 and DOLBY ATOMS, with the ongoing mod support. If you are planning to play it in 4K HDR you will require 155 GB of storage space, but even without 4K, you will require a 100 GB of space.
For the Windows Edition, pre-orders go live on the 1st of February.