PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) has now a new update for the Xbox version which includes a new control scheme and a few more gameplay changes. The update is more of a fix. The new version was made as the developer addressed some severe bugs with the game. The patch update was made to fix a very specific annoying glitch or bug that was also causing in-game issue that was undermining the core experience for some players. The new update fixes this issues, while also providing a few more improvements.
Bluehole Inc confirmed this by saying “As part of that update, we have decided to include some additional performance and gameplay improvements, as well as a new controller option.”
“We want to thank our community for the continued feedback and look forward to the discussion that the changes below bring.”
Despite the issues with the game, the game has surpassed 3 million players on Xbox One.
PUBG has now in total received its fifth update for its Xbox One, hence, the Xbox players have received several changes and improvements to their game. Like all the other patches before this, even this one will provide further optimization and bug fixes.
With the new patch available now, the players will be forced to download the update before starting with PUBG on their Xbox. After installing the update, the changes mentioned below will take place.
- Pistols have been removed from Y button’s weapon rotation and grouped with the melee weapon.
- Players can now equip pistols by pressing ‘up’ on the D pad.
- Continued improvements related to player “rubber banding”.
- Enhanced server performance while parachuting.
- Added a new controller preset to options menu.
- Type B (new preset) now supports: Holding LT to aim down sight. Holding LB to use 3rd person perspective aim sight.
- Controller guide has been updated to include the new controller preset.
- Fixed an issue where players repositioned out of the battleground after certain actions and remained invulnerable until the end of the match.
- Additional memory and non-memory related crash fixes.
- Fixed the inability to join duo/squad through invites outside of game.
Known issues to be addressed next patch:
- Dropping objects causes the player to switch weapons.
- User is unable to switch grenade types when tapping right on the D-Pad.